Friday, July 6, 2012

A Huge Gift of Fabric

I received a huge gift of fabric that belonged to a lady's mother-in-law who has passed away 7 years ago.  All this fabric was in the attic and most had never been washed or used.  So, I have been washing up a storm for weeks now and hoping I can find a place to put it all!  She liked novelty prints which I also love.  Now, my husband says I don't need to go to Jo-Ann's for 14 years (but you know that won't happen!).

Here is how it all looked when we unloaded it the evening I went to get it.  Then, afterward the long process of picking through it all to decide what to keep, throw away or maybe sell.

Included were approximately 200 patterns from the 80's and 90's.  So, my daughter helped me sort through those as well.

As you can imagine, I have not sewn anything since receiving this gift as I've been trying to get it cleaned, sorted and put away so I can start my sewing life again.

Many thanks to the mother-in-law who must have had a passion for fabric more than me.

No comments: